Multi-Element Filter for Fine Filtration Applications
The R.P. Adams IWF Filter is a multi-element tubular filter designed to remove fine particulates from liquid process streams. Utilizing a filter aid precoat, it can remove particulate as fine as 0.5 micron with flow rates up to 2 gpm/ft2 of filter area. Markets include:
- Chlor-Alkali Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Potable Water Treatment
Benefits At A Glance
- Rugged permanent ceramic filter tubes used with filter aid remove particles down to 0.5 micron.
- Superior filtration of pathogenic organisms such as giardia and cryptosporidium.
- Equipment, installation, operation and maintenance costs are significantly lower than competitive technologies.
- The simple design and simple operation provides effective, reliable and low-maintenance filtration.
- The compact, space efficient design can often be installed in existing buildings to reduce initial investments and facilitate installation.
- Lowe waste generation and associated handling costs.
- No chemical additives required, simplifying operation while reducing expenses and safety concerns.
- Provides particulate removal down to 0.5 micron with flux rates in excess of 2 gallons per minute per square foot of filter area.
- The system can be fully automated using a programmable controller (PLC) to operate all system cycles and sequence multiple filter operations.
- The IWF, being a pressure filter, eliminates the need to “break head” and repump.
- Internal components are made of corrosion resistant materials.
- Backwash cycles are operated by system pressure, or compressed air, saving clean water which would otherwise be used for backwashing.
- R.P. Adams filters use Poro-Stone or Poro-Carbon filter elements. Poro-Stone elements are of porous aluminum oxide ceramic construction and the Poro-Carbon elements are constructed of durable porous carbon.
- Both elements are inert to most chemicals and provide consistent high purity effluent for a variety of process applications.
- The rigid nature of the elements provides reliable support of the precoat media even in the event of pressure or flow fluctuations assuring effluent quality.
- The rugged filter elements are designed to be cleaned in place by backwashing. Many installations have experienced element life of over 25 years reducing maintenance and operating costs.
Ideal for a variety of polishing filtration applications, including:
- Potable Water
- Boiler Condensate
- Chemical Solutions such as sodium chloride brine, sodium hypochlorite, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, sodium chlorate, and coal tar liquids.