R.P. Adams Automatic Self-Cleaning Strainers
How They Operate
Benefits of R.P. Adams Automatic Backwash Strainers
- Continuous protection of downstream equipment with automatic, un-attended backwash operation.
- Our patented multi-element design provides larger surface area than most automatic strainer designs, with greater solids holding capacity and longer intervals between backwash cycles.
- The strong, corrosion-resistant elements withstand 150 psid differential pressure, collapse or burst. The other internals are also designed to withstand 150 psid dirty pressure drop, protecting downstream equipment from upset conditions.
- The motor driven backwash assembly operates intermittently, saving energy and wear and tear on moving parts when compared to designs that rotate continuously.
- Vertical and Horizontal strainer configurations and flexible Inlet and Outlet flange orientations are offered for most sizes, allowing custom arrangements to accommodate installation requirements.
Summary of Automatic Strainer Features Offered
- Line / Connection Sizes of 4” to 54”.
- 150 GPM to 85,000 GPM flow capacity.
- Wide range of separations: 0.125” to 0.001” wedgewire elements (3200 to 25 µ)
- Design pressure 150 psig is standard for most sizes, up to 300 psig design is available.
- Design & construction per R.P. Adams standard design, or per ASME Code Section VIII or Section III with code stamp. CRN, design / construction per Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), and other international codes are available.
- Materials of construction include cast iron, lined carbon steel, 304L or 316L SS, and super duplex SS. Other materials available upon request.
- Standard automatic backwash controls include control panel, differential pressure switch, and backwash valve.
- Custom controls are available, such as contacts for DCS monitoring or control, alarm contacts, shear key failure detection, PLC control, and special features to meet customer requirements.